Mobile Phones

Posted by John Sommers on 6th May 2019 in General

With more than double the number of cellular networks than its nearest competitor, over 92% of networks are in full operation and the company has increased its international circuits to withstand the considerable increase in international traffic into and out of the country. During the last two weeks, Digicel technicians have worked to restore the network subsequently to the earthquake on January 12. The update is as follows:? New team to replace the affected cellular networks is being implemented. More than 60 shops reopened for public attention.

13 aircraft transporting 80. lbs of equipment, 90. lbs of supplies and 21,000 lbs. of antibiotics and medical supplies were sent to Haiti from Jamaica. Digicel in Turgeau, Port-au-Prince, Office is in operation and most of the employees is already back to the work.

T-Mobile generously donated four Liberty Jeeps, 35 generators and 2,000 Motorola W160 phones and Chargers to support relief efforts. Rise Again Digicel collaboration with international artist of reggae music, Shaggy, is transmitted to the air around the world. All proceeds from the sale of the theme music are directly aimed at the Digicel Haiti relief fund. Colm Delves, CEO of Digicel group, says: during the last two weeks, we have made excellent progress in the restoration of the network of Digicel on Haiti. With more than 92% of our cellular networks in full operation, the remaining 8%, which are units with the destroyed roof, are replacing with mobile cellular units, some have already been implemented and the remnant is scheduled to be restored during the next few weeks. We have also increased our international circuits to support the considerable increase in international traffic both into and out of Haiti, due to our more than two millions of users keep in touch with friends and family, and as a result of the high volume of collaborators who have traveled to Haiti to assist in relief efforts.

Comments are closed.

 

© 2008-2019 Najri All Rights Reserved -- Copyright notice by Blog Copyright